Things to do to Prepare for the Holiday Gatherings
Hosting the holidays can be stressful especially if something in your house fails. Here are some tips to check out before the big day arrives.
· Clean your microwave, coffee makers and oven(s). These appliances will be getting a lot of use on the big day so make sure they are ready to go. Do not use the self-clean cycle on the oven. The self-clean cycle is one of the hardest things an appliance can do so don’t take the chance of causing an issue.
· Inspect the refrigerator and dishwasher. These appliances will be used more in one day than many of them get used in a week. Make sure that hinges on the refrigerator are tight, shelves are in working order and handles are tight.
· Make sure the fixture in your house that gets used the most is in working order. Your toilet is used more than anything else on a daily basis and goes into overdrive for the holidays. Make sure the seat is tight, the flapper is working and doesn’t need replaced and that the bolts to the floor are tight.
· There will be people of all ages in your home so make sure to child-proof and slip proof your home. If there are hazards that your guests could trip over make sure to move out of the way. Make sure to check your front walkway. All of your guests will be coming in your front door so check the pavers, concrete or any other surface to ensure a smooth finish to prevent tripping.
· Keep random necessary items on hand like a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, extra batteries, flashlights and jumper cables.
These are just a few ways to help ensure your holidays are safe and go smoothly without the stress. Have a wonderful holiday season!!
At Brennan Homes, we strive to always be accessible to our customers – whether you’re a homeowner or just curious about building one of our custom homes.