If you are like most people, your closet is disorganized and has items thrown all over the place. You are also probably wishing there were a better way and hoping that something would magically change and everything have their own designated location. Here are our top 5 recommendations for organizing your closet.
1. Decide how you want to keep your items separated (color, season, style, etc) and then buy dividers that you can label accordingly to keep these sorted.
2. Keeping organized is easier when you can see what you are doing. This means make sure the space is bright (often white paints are best) and that you can get to your whole closet. Bi-fold doors and sliding doors make it challenging since you cannot see the whole closet at one time.
3. Many closets are cluttered with pair after pair of shoes. Buy an organizing system to keep your shoes together and neat. There are over the door racks, floor racks and even racks that can hang from your shelving. The exact method needs to be determined based on your space and overall needs.
4. Bring additional storage items into your closet so you have additional bins to keep those little items better organized.
5. Hang your favorite items together. Everyone has those go to outfits that just make us feel so good. We tend to wear these outfits more often than others. Keep those grouped together in an easy to access location.
These are just a few ways to get more organized. We hope this will at least give you a place to start when you decide to conquer your closet organization!
At Brennan Homes, we strive to always be accessible to our customers – whether you’re a homeowner or just curious about building one of our custom homes.